Remove Fungus in Dehumidify Tank

How do you remove or clean the dark Green fungus grow inside dehumidify tank? My 5 gals tank in Samsung dehumidifier have a small drain on top of the tank, since it's impossible to pour all the water out, after awhile fungus start to grow inside the tanks when the humidity is low and the dehumidifier remain inactive.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Jim B

About an ounce of Clorox twice a year has worked for us. Also keeps the mold out of the drain line.

Reply to
Marrtin

The tank has an unopen hole at the bottom, I could insert a drain hose if I puncture the hole. Since I move the dehumidify around, draining it would be messy with the hose lying around.

Thanks, I do appreciate.

Reply to
Jim B