relocating a bathroom sink drain

Hello. Doing a little remodeling in my bathroom at home and I need a little advice. I'll try to explain this the best I can....

I want to relocate a bathroom sink about 15 ft or so away. The problem is that I don't know how to go about running the drain line. I plan on using an air-admittance valve inside the base cabinet to properly vent it. It's just getting the drain there that's giving me trouble. Basically, the drain would have to somehow be run in the wall past a toilet, a bathtub, and then 90, and run inside an exterior cbs wall for about 9 feet.... which I don't think is possible. The bathtub and the toilet will also be replaced in the process.

What is the easiest way to run this drain?

Is it possible to tap into the bathtub drain and then dig into the concrete slab to run the drain pipe to the sink? This would be the closest drain - 9ft.

Can I dig into the concrete slab and just run the drain pipe directly from where the sink is now to it's new position? This would be the farthest drain - 15ft.

If either of these 2 solutions would work, what would the slope need to be?

Thanks!

Robert

Reply to
robertp

Tough one!

The pipe needs to be 1 1/2" trade size. That means drilling a whole bunch of great big holes in all those studs.... or notching them because you can't "snake" the pipe thru. That means a lot of structural weakening.

Yes, you can probably tie into the tub drain *after* the tub P-trap. You'll have to be very good at breaking up/sawing concrete slab not to cause damage to the drains or other utilities in there.

If permits/inspections are a possibility, I would seek advice from the inspector *before*.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Yeah, I know it's a tough one. I'm leaning towards hiring a pro for this part of it. Even though I'm pretty handy and all, I just don't feel comfortable with it at this point. Thanks for the advice.

Reply to
robertp