Refrigerator -- terrible smell!

You obviously weren't taught that in school were you? That confirms it was the teachers/teachers union is at fault. Now do you understand, snowflake?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

replying to Lisa, Luke wrote: I had the exact same problem it turned out to be a bad defrost element. Took the frlg apart. The bad element was black. When it took it off and got it outside it was definitely the source of the smell. I had searched threes also and got the same suggestions as you. Nowhere have I found mention of this problem

Reply to
Luke

replying to Luke, Mar wrote: Where was that element found? A technician already checked out my refrigerator and said nothing was wrong with it. My fridge was clean as a whistle and he still gave the standard recommendation to use vanilla, baking soda, coffee beans, etc. My refrigerator is less than a year old, and I have had this smell for three months now, so I don't believe that coils could be causing the smell.

Reply to
Mar

replying to Mar, Sean Latham wrote: did you ever solve the smell with your new fridge? I have a Whirpool less than 5 month old that has the same problem.

Reply to
Sean Latham

replying to Mar, Sean Latham wrote: did you ever solve the smell with your new fridge? I have a Whirpool less than

5 month old that has the same problem.
Reply to
Sean Latham

replying to Higgs Boson, Michelle Banks wrote: My fridge is new and I smell an odor, it's not food it's just a really weird smell.

Reply to
Michelle Banks

replying to Higgs Boson, Michelle Banks wrote: My fridge is new and I smell an odor, it's not food it's just a really weird smell.

Reply to
Michelle Banks

replying to Sean Latham, Denise wrote: I have the same problem, my upright whirlpool freezer is only three months old, I thought an animal crawled inside and died. I have taken off all panels, cannot find anything

Reply to
Denise

whirlpool freezer is only three months old, I thought an animal crawled inside and died. I have taken off all panels, cannot find anything I'll reply here to the latest post regarding the smell in a Whirlpool frig. I had the same problem. I discovered the source after taking off the back cardboard panel and found a tray (in reading the other comments, it may be the drain pan from the back). The tray was FILLED with what looked like contents of a dirty diaper. Pretty gross!! I have NO idea what it was or where it came from. Nothing had been spilled in the frig or freezer. Gloved up, I emptied it and washed it best I could. I couldn't reach the whole thing. That was probably a year ago. A smell has returned in the last few days. I will check to see if I can access this tray from the front as suggested in some of the posts. However, I expect I will probably have to dismantle the back and clean the tray again. I don't know if it's poor design on Whirlpool's part or what, but this is ridiculous! Fortunately after having cleaned the tray, the smell was gone.

Reply to
happy camper