Refrig Compressor

I have an amanna Side by side.

I don;t know a whole lot about refrigeration, but I do know a good bit.

The defrost timer does work.

The compressor runs when the thermostat ask it to. But I am totally comfused about this. My sister gave it to me, it was my nephews. It did not cool when I got it. I checked the freon 134a, and it was out, I filled it and it started freezing, worked great, like a new one for two week straigh sitting on my front porch, I bring it inside and two days later it quite, the compressor still runs, get warm, but it don't cool at all. and it did not loose it's freon. The pressure on the low side never changes when it run or off, cooling or not. It there something wrong in the pump in the compressor?

I really want it to work but don't want to put a lot of money in it, other than that everthing else work fine and look like it was purchased yesterday.

Sincerely Chris

Reply to
chris
** The pressure on the low side never changes **

What is the pressure????

** It there something wrong in the pump in the compressor? **

If the pressure is not in a vacuum and you're absolutely sure you've tapped into the system and that pressure is getting to your manifold and the manifold's gages are working properly, I can't see it being anything else.

If the pressure *is* in a vacuum and never comes out, you likely have a restriction in the system possibly from not properly evacuating the system and/or the system is contaminated from the leak (or the subsequent service).

JMO

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.
  • CORRECTED *

** The pressure on the low side never changes **

What is the pressure????

** It there something wrong in the pump in the compressor? **

If the pressure is not in a vacuum and you're absolutely sure you've tapped into the system and that pressure is getting to your manifold and the manifold's gages are working properly *AND THE COMPRESSOR IS RUNNING*, I can't see it being anything else.

If the pressure *is* in a vacuum and never comes out, you likely have a restriction in the system possibly from not properly evacuating the system and/or the system is contaminated from the leak (or the subsequent service).

JMO

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

How did you fill it? How did you kow it was out? What did you use to fill it?

Which line did you pierce? How did you get freon in or out? What kind of pressures were you getting?

What kind of refrigerant did you use?

What tools do you have available?

What is the charge weight on the nameplate?

If you "know a lot about refrigeration", why are you askign such painfully beginner questions?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon