Refinishing an old deck ?

I realise decks are a common topic here. I have read most of the messages.

My problem is...

The deck on the house I bought just over a year ago needs to be sanded, but there is no way I see do reasonably to that. There are many nail heads which have popped up. Yes, the nails can be re-set -- and I will do that. But I am sure I will miss one or two. Probably more. That would be bad for the sander.

There are a few boards that also need to be replaced. I can do that too. I will.

The deck appears to have been painted previously. The remnants of the paint need to go.

There is also some mold and some mildew. That needs to go also. Get rid of all of it.

So, I guess I am talking about renting a power washer. That seems like the best way to deal with this.

Arguments and information invited. That's why I'm asking.

Thanks!

Reply to
The Other Harry

Try turning some of the "bad" boards over. Sometimes they can be like new on the other side.

Reply to
jtees4