Reefer/Freezer in Garage?

I now have a reefer with freezer and a separate upright freezer in my partially heated/insulated garage. I try to keep the temperature in cold weather at 50-60 degrees.

Will they work okay?

Thanks

Duke

Reply to
jw

snipped-for-privacy@eldorado.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Why are you smoking reefers?

Reply to
Stepfann King

FUNNY!

Reply to
jw

Thanks Roger

Duke

Reply to
jw

At that temp they ought to work just fine. The problems come when you get to temps colder than the box or really hot ambient temps.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

snipped-for-privacy@eldorado.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'm not sure which, but processing reefer is definitely a different newsgroup.

Reply to
Red Green

on 10/28/2009 10:00 AM (ET) Red Green wrote the following:

alt.home.garden is the group for discussing weed.

Reply to
willshak

on 10/28/2009 10:43 AM (ET) willshak wrote the following:

Ooops. That's alt.home.lawn.garden

Reply to
willshak

Why wouldn't a fridge or freezer work perfectly fine in a 50-60 deg environment? It's perfectly fine. The problems come when it approaching freezing or so hot it can't keep up.

Reply to
trader4

I don't get it? Is the freezer used as a humidor for the reefers? Must be some good shit!

Reply to
Tony

The real problem is when it is about 40f The ambient allows the fridge to make the stat without the compressor running and the freezer thaws out.

Reply to
gfretwell

Well, someone on usenet said it would not. However, your freezer doesn't read Usenet. What comes to mind to me, is that the compressor lubricating oil gets sluggish at lower temps.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Pretty close to what I'd have said.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Roger,

I have a deep freeze in my unheated and uninsulated attached garage. This is in SE Iowa where it gets below zero sometimes. Although I have never checked the temperature in the garage, I would guess that it gets below 32 degrees F several times a year. The freezer has worked fine for six years in this location. Do you know of any reason that it shouldn't?

Cheers,

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

Of it is freezer only, no problem but as the Stormin Mormin and I have pointed out, it is when the refrigerator thermostat turns off the compressor before the freezer is cold enough. In a warmer place, that is not a problem.

Reply to
gfretwell

No manufacturer would put an algorithm in a refrigerator. Too expensive.

;^)

Eric Law

Reply to
Eric

Agree that was the analysis in previous threads. In many 'fridges' that also have a freezer section if/when the fridge is placed in say a garage or cool location, the thermostat being normally in the fridge section of the appliance and depending on a balancing of air flow between two sections, under normal 'house' conditions may not operate the appliance for long sufficiently long for the freezer section to stay cold enough! A freezer with its one thermosta controlling the whole unit should be, based on our expereience too, quite OK.

Reply to
terry

And btw the OP of this thread says reefer and freezer; not fridge (refrigerator).

nsive.

Reply to
terry

If you put an algorithm in the refrigerator you should let it warm up to room temperature before you run it.

When they're cold they get sluggish and can slow your computer down.

They do keep longer though. I've got some old DOS batch files that are as fresh as the day I wrote them.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Hey, is that where the term "code freeze" came from?

Yeah, I know, completely OT. ;^)

Eric Law

Reply to
Eric