Rat & mice poison

Rat poison is a lot less expensive in bulk which is why I wanted to know specifically which poison works the best under your circumstances - because I'd have a lot of it.

In the reviews it seems some work best outdoors when they get wet and others work better indoors, and some make them bleed and others knock them out cold. Some say they taste like fish and others say the mice like the flavor.

In the end they all must work (or they wouldn't sell them) so it's probably just as well that nobody here reads the package when they use the stuff, but normally this group has years of experience so I didn't expect that.

Anyway, I tried to buy and ship the Amazon TomCat bromadiolone and diphacinone (yellow and green blocks) but I'm having trouble getting it shipped by Amazon to the nanny state of the recipient.

I may ship it to my non-nanny state and then just put it in my luggage the next time I go there but I don't know what they'll think at the airport scanner if they see pounds of rat poison blocks in my luggage.

Reply to
andrew

You need more things to worry about !

If it's mice - set many cheap disposable spring traps with a tiny dab of peanut butter. .. if it's rats - call a professional - and get out your cheque book. John T.

Reply to
hubops

This story is barely related to what you said, and a little embarrasing, but I'll tell it anyhow.

Because I live next to a stream, I also live next to a sewer that runs along the stream. IN fact I was told my house was built illegally because the sewer had not been completed yet. 30+ years ago I saw a rat in my yard, and maybe somone else did too because t hey hired an exterminator to put down traps, Two are just outside my fence. I'm not sure we still need them but I have no way to be sure.

Anyhow, the traps are poison traps, and one day a few years after the first rat, I'm walking up the stair s from the basaement and I keep things on the steps, usually things to go up or down, and I barely noticed that there was a rat lying dead 3/4's of the way up from the basement. As big as a softball. Later I noticed a hole in the screen of the basement window, at the top of the wall. I guess he was crazy with poison because no rat had ever tried to get in here before. He must have fallen 3 to 6 feet after he came in the window, but he had enough strength to go almost up to the first floor, where he stpped and went to his last reward.

I picked him up with a shovel and went outside and flung him as far as I could into the wooded area.

Reply to
micky

We used this to get rid of chipmunks tearing up the garden. T Eaton 704-PN Bait Block Rodenticide Anticoagulant Bait, Peanut Butter Flavor, For Mice and Rats (Pail of 64)

My wife has found a few dead mice and the chipmunks are no longer a problem.

We use these bait stations. Kat Sense Rat Bait Station Traps, Reusable Humane Rodent Box Against Mice Chipmunks N Squirrels That Work, Smart Tamper Proof Cage House to Secure Bait Block and Pellets, Mouse Bait Station Outdoor

Those are Amazon descriptions.

Reply to
Vic Smith

I see few carrion eaters around here. I think it more likely insects ate it.

Reply to
micky

Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they're not there. Feral cats, Coyote (they're in all 50 states except Hawaii), Eagles, Crows, Gulls, Vultures, et alia.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Tree rats will eat it.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Do cats eat carrion? At any rate, there has been only one or two stray cats around here for a 3 or 5 weeks in all these years.

There are coyotes in Maryland, but none even almost this close to the city until a couple years ago. They still haven't gotten this close.

Those you do see. There may have been crows. HOwever, that I don't see the inscts is not evidence they aren't there. In fact I'm sure they are there.

Reply to
micky

...that lay in the house that Jack built.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

50 states except Hawaii. Where's the new state? Puerto Rico?
Reply to
George