Quik-Crete sealer, first coat left roller marks

Hello,

I just recently stripped the carpet off of, sanded/TSPed, and primed/painted the concrete of my living room floor. The other night I applied the first coat of sealer, and upon checking the next day, found the roller marks left in the sealer. I used Quik-Crete's high-gloss sealer.

Now, with the painting I was able to cover the entirety of the floor with one can (gallon), as my living room floor coverage is pretty small (condo). So; two cans for two coats of paint. I only used half of the can of the sealer, so perhaps this is an issue with not enough being applied in the first coat? Too thin of a coat in certain areas? The saturation of the roller (used suggested: 1/4" nap) was different for the sealer, obviously, so maybe I wasn't being "generous" enough.

I guess what I'm hoping for is that a second coat will eliminate the roller marks by evening out the application. Also, it's been somewhat cold here in Phoenix, Arizona (seriously) - so perhaps the cold weather wasn't being friendly to the sealer while it was drying?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Would a generous second coat, using more sealer and being more aggressive with the application even out the roller marks?

Thanks in advance.

-Matt

Reply to
syntaxkill

i sprayed it on my concrete, worked well, you can use anything that sprays, i used a weed killer sprayer

Reply to
minder