quiet faucet?

Do you have a pressure reducing valve on the incoming main? Do you have a well? Same on hot and cold lines?

Try to determine where the noise is really coming from. I suspect you will find it is near where the water come into your home.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Seems that all faucets, when turned on a little bit, creates a steady noise that permeates throughtout the whole house.

(due to encoding this sounds a bit different than actual) I'm not talking about the sound of water hitting the sink; rather, the noise seems to come from the water passing through the valve.

Usually it does not bother me, since I'm used to this sound. But it is very noticeable when I am up early in the morning and am trying not to disturb other people when using water.

Are there quiet faucets? I searched on the internet but didn't find much.

Reply to
peter

Joe is on to the cause. If system pressure is high (> 50 PSI), the faucet will be throttling that high pressure to get low flow rates. That results in the turbulence and high-pitched squeals.

Measure the system pressure and, if it is high, install a PRV (along with an expansion tank). You'll have to decide if that's more trouble than the noise...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim