Quickstyle Laminate - tongue & groove design...

There's a deal for me on a close out of Quickstyle "Elite Snap" 12mm laminate flooring. The problem is I've not seen this type of snap. It's a tongue & groove connection (think bayonet). The planks are snapped together flat as opposed to the normal "snap down at an angle that most are.

Anyone install this stuff?

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill

I installed Wilsonart Red Label which has a similar system. It has to be "tapped" together with a hammer and a plastic block and once together doesn't come apart very easily.

There "might" be advantages to the system, but the "hook and drop" style would definitely be easier, faster, and can be easily taken apart when you discover that you've gone two rows deep and have the pattern wrong.

Reply to
Rick Brandt