I have been meaning to get one of these for a few years now, and when I saw
them at half price at HD I ran out of excuses. Except for installing my
water heater I haven't done any gas plumbing, so I have a few questions.
1) When I had a new furnace put in a couple years ago I had them put in a T
for this, but foolishly didn't think to have them put a valve on it. The
only valve is one by the gas meter. Is it okay to use that? I don't see
2) I am putting a valve just past the T. Do I have to put one just before
the heater also? I suppose I could leave out the one at the T, but I like
the idea of shutting the whole line off.
3) The directions show a T with a 1/8" bushing right before the valve at the
heater. What is that for?
4) It specifies 4" W.C. to 10" W.C. pressure. Since my water heater and
furnace work fine, is it fair to assume I have pressure in that range?
5) Can that 1/8" bushing in #3 be used for compressed air to test for leaks?
How many PSI is reasonble for a compressed air test?
I know I am asking a lot of questions, but my water heater is still okay
after 3 years, and this doesn't seem any more difficult.