Probably a bad breaker then. It should supply up to 1800 W (15 A at 120
V) without tripping.
I once lived in a house where a 1000 W toaster would occasionally trip
a particular kitchen circuit breaker. The toaster wasn't drawing too
much current (I checked) so I replaced the breaker. Never tripped
Breakers do fail.
My dad had the same problem when I gave him a my old microwave (a few years
old - replaced his 20 year old one). He said the breaker would trip once in
a while before, but started tripping every time he tried to use the new
microwave. I put in a new duplex breaker replacing the old one ... "problem
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.