pvc toilet flange disconnect

It all depends...

Basement- saw it off and couple new pipe on.

Slab- much harder. If the pipe is glued *inside* the flange there is a special tool to cut the pipe. Then you need a new flange with an extended collar.

If it's buried in cement, no picnic.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

guys,

im about to install an offset toilet flange to make my toilet more center to the bathroom, got some Q here:

  1. how to remove the old pvc flange? if its PVC cemented is there a way to loosen it? so that ill replace it w/ my offset flange?

  1. any bad experience w/ offset flange? as i see in home depot there is a curve/elbow on it, will it affect flushing?

  2. pvc 101 please, how do i join two pvc? purple primer first then cement?

thanx

Reply to
zackde

With a saw. It is impossible to disassemble a PVC joint. You will probably need a coupling and a short length of pipe, to extend the existing pipe after you remove the existing flange.

Shouldn't be a problem...

That's correct.

Doug Miller