Pushing the compressor 2 inches

My compressor has gradually moved 2 inches at the far end of the cement slab it sits on. Can I push it back, or does that risk cracking the lines?

It's hanging over the slab a bit now at the other side. Does that matter?

(I don't think I have ever hit it with the lawn mower. I had my lawn mowed by a kid for one or two summers. Does the fact that it moved mean that he hit it?)

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

In alt.home.repair on Fri, 29 Jul 2005 02:31:47 GMT "Edwin Pawlowski" posted:

Oh, good. He's a very nice kid.

I should have said that it only hangs over a half inch on a what, 16 inch wide compressor unit. The other side, in fact all four corners, sit on the slab too. It still should be pushed back??

To fix it in place, you mean drill holes in the slab and screw the cabinet in from above? Which will mean drilling holes in the cabinet too probably. There's not much space except maybe one potential hole where the wires are, and more if I take the fan out.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

It was probably not mounted properly when installed. Not only should it be moved back, it should be fixed so it does not move again. Hanging over may be stressing the cabinet if it is not properly supported. No, it was not the kid on the mower.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski