pump housing roof rebuild

There's a hottub pump housing at the side of my house with a rotted roof. It is prone to rotting because a fir tree above drops pine needles on the roof, and these retain moisture which rots the roof. Furthermore, this roof was made what looks like fence boards, with no roofing tiles on top.

I would like to replace it with a proper roof. I believe this means:

a plywood (what thickness, what quality?) metal drip edge tar paper (how about plastic sheet?) composite roofing tiles

Is there a simpler solution that works just as well?

Reply to
james

For a small wet roof like that I'd use cedar 1x6 or 1x8 gapped. Then membrane, good shingles and a drip edge. You could use plywood too.

Reply to
RickH

Dimensions? For fancy, I'd put a metal roof on it. For quick and painless, I'd buy and modify a plastic doghouse or kids's playhouse, if a large enough one could be found. I've even seen wellheads and pumps covered with plastic barrels.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers