Propane space heater / regulator question

Bought a 10,000 BTU Blue Flame heater as a backup for my 1200s/f home. I intentionally undersized btw.. I yanked the regulator / hose from my bbq to see how the unit behaves and performs.. nicely.. I went out and picked up a new 40lb (10 gal) tank, had it purged and filled and swapped it for the 20lb BBQ tank. I cant get the unit to run.. Pilot lights but blows out by itself after a few seconds.. I suspect its a pressure issue, but am unsure.

Does a 40lb tank have a different PSI than a standard 20lb BBQ tank? If so, does the "run of the mill" BBQ regulator do something different with the 40lb tank? Is my old BBQ regulator shot?

Swapping back to the 20lb and no problems.

Thanks !

Reply to
mpdsville1

Is that backup heater propane or naura gas? They're different, both in pressure and orfice size. Dunno about 20 vs 40 if they're the same product, but never heard of a difference.

1200s/f home. : I intentionally undersized btw.. : I yanked the regulator / hose from my bbq to see how the unit behaves : and : performs.. nicely.. : I went out and picked up a new 40lb (10 gal) tank, had it purged and : filled : and swapped it for the 20lb BBQ tank. : I cant get the unit to run.. Pilot lights but blows out by itself after : a few : seconds.. I suspect its a pressure issue, but am unsure. : : Does a 40lb tank have a different PSI than a standard 20lb BBQ tank? : If so, does the "run of the mill" BBQ regulator do something different : with the 40lb tank? Is my old BBQ regulator shot? : : Swapping back to the 20lb and no problems. : : Thanks ! :
Reply to
Pop

Propane. Damned that i omitted that

Reply to
mpdsville1

Solved.. new tank still had some air it it.. wasn't purged adequately.

Let some gas out and all is well

Thanks to all

Reply to
mpdsville1