Propane report

Bastrop is not in the Hill Country, it is in the Piney Woods. Very different, but both are beautiful. -- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

Austin.

Bumper sticker: "South Austin: We're all here because we're not all there."

Reply to
HeyBub

Funny. I've not spent much time in Austin, but would like to attend an Austin City Limits show. Any other suggestions?

Reply to
1D10T

Damn. No new concerts until October.

Reply to
1D10T

Nowhere in that page does it say that arizona hasn't an income tax until you've earned 150K. What it does say is that the top bracket is at $150K.

"Arizona's personal income tax system consists of five brackets and a top rate of 4.54% kicking in at an income level of $150,000."

Reply to
AZ Nomad

My bad - gotta re-read it.

Reply to
1D10T

If you reread that, you'll find that it says that the top income tax rate doesn't kick in till $150k. They have plenty of lower rates that kick in much lower, maybe as low as $20k for a married couple.

Reply to
Patrick Karl

The Piney Woods are in far East Texas. Bastrop is not in East Texas. Bastrop is in the area known as the Lost Pines area.

Reply to
Patrick Karl

Round Rock, Texas. A music center. It's just down the street from Austin and, unfortunately, draws some of the hippie dominate culture from Austin. But at least Round Rock has classical music festivals.

Check also the music department at UT. They have recitals almost daily, classical band concerts, etc. In the beginning of time, I attened James Dick's senior recital (Tschaikowsky's 2nd Piano Sonata). Here he is playing a little Beethoven:

HeyBub

Didn't read the link, but you mentioned being retired (?). It should make a difference on taxes - I would guess.

Reply to
Oren