Propane Refrigerators

On 09/06/05 11:14 pm Toller tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Yes, I see that you are correct and that I apparently did not pay sufficient attention in physics class all those years ago -- or, of course, that my memory is . . .

Now what was I saying? :-)

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

I shouldn't have to explain it. Some reason you can't read the perfectly clear link I provided you (for those of you too stupid to know how to use google.)

Okay, you seem to understand it; when you add heat to ammonia, it changes from a liquid to a gas. When you condense it, it gives off that very same heat. How could giving off heat cool a refrigerator? Wouldn't it heat the refrigerator? (Hint; is the compressor of your A/C the inside or outside unit.)

If you are a troll, you are a very good one. If you are not a troll, you have to try thinking.

Reply to
Toller

Gosh, don't I feel 2" tall! Oh, but wait a moment. If my link was appropriate, why are you hassling me? You just couldn't bother to follow it, and wanted me to repeat it all in a posting? No, I feel 6' again.

Reply to
Toller

Propane gas ranges and ovens have been used in homes for decades and have no venting and no soot buildup.

In my house, the CO detector is about 10 feet down the hallway from the kitchen. With 4 burners and the oven going, it gets no reading from the range. I don't see a problem.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

TRY THIS LINK

Stretch

Reply to
Stretch

A level of abstraction may help. All heat pumping devices use some form of potential energy to transport thermal energy from or to a desired place.

Folks accept that building a fire can be used to refrigerate! Light a fire at a coal power plant, make steam, then electricity, send it to a home and use it to operate a refrigerator. The source of the needed energy is a fire at a coal burning power plant!

Take out a few steps and you have fire to cold in one box!

A compressor is a pump. Gas refrigerators have a pump! The percolator is a pump, it creates enough pressure differences and mechanical "refrigerant" transport to use heat of vaporization just as an electric driven refrigerator does.

The combination of water, ammonia highly pressurized with hydrogen set the stage to do it all in one box.

gerry

Reply to
gerry

This is Turtle.

Toller , It's hard to be humble when your perfect in everyway !

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

Stretch has here a very good sight to look the system up.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE