Programmable Thermostat

With the desired temperature set at 84 degrees, the room temperature drops to 72 degrees before the heater comes on. Shouldn't the room temperature stay within a couple of degrees of the desired temperature?

The heater has 2 green LED indicator lights. Both lights flash simultaneouly at

3 flashes per second which the chart says is "NORMAL OPERATION - signaled when heating demand initiated by thermostat".
Reply to
.

I'm no expert, but all of that sounds normal to me. You set the desired temp to 84, the thermostat then switches and tells your the current room temp which is 72, the thermostat is telling the heater that it is calling for heat and the heater LED's indicate that is what is correctly happening, and over time the room temp will gradually increase until it reaches the desired temp that you set (84), and then the heater will turn off.

Reply to
TomR

I expect that also, but I'm uusally disappointed.

Sorry, dot.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

When the heater raises the room temp from 72 degrees to the desired temp (82 degrees), the heater turns off. Then, the room temp drops back down to 72 degrees before the heater comes on again. Is this 10-degree drop "normal"?

Reply to
.

degrees), the heater turns off. Then, the room temp drops back down to 72 degrees before the heater comes on again. Is this 10-degree drop "normal"?

With all the thermostats I've dealt with, no it's not but I never dealt with your thermostat.

Reply to
Doug

Three lines draw more replies than can fit in my window. I think we have a successful troll.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

degrees), the heater turns off. Then, the room temp drops back down to 72 degrees before the heater comes on again. Is this 10-degree drop "normal"?

Yes, what is not normal is heating to 82 degrees. You need to re-bait the troll line.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

(82 degrees), the heater turns off. =A0Then, the room temp drops back down= to 72 degrees before the heater comes on again. =A0Is this 10-degree drop = "normal"?

The OP left out so much information, it is impossible to give a really intelligent reply. For example: type of heat, location, type of dwelling, time of day testing was done, phase of the moon, room where thermostat is located, why he/she put in a new thermostat/what was wrong with old one, etc - - - - - .

Reply to
hrhofmann