problem with Air Conditioning PTAC unit - noises of unbalanced fan

Nw we are really getting somewhere: What is and where do i find a bearing shop???

Reply to
Amanda Ripanykhazova

Your nearest auto parts store should be able to get bearings. It helps if you have the bearing number from the bearing or take the bearing in so they can measure and match.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Or, just type the part number into amazon or ebay or ?

Google "bearing shop" and your city to find a local shop. They are fewer in number these days.

Reply to
Bob F

Yes, I did that, - there are lots! Not sure which are appropriate.

(The part is buried deep within this PTAC unit, otherwise I'd just read it off!)

Reply to
Amanda Ripanykhazova

I just re-read your OP, and thought that it could be a loose fan blade causing the noise. That would likely be easy to tighten. Taking the case off to see it run might make it obvious.

Reply to
Bob F

No, it is a PTAC unit and we pulled it out of its sleeve today and I think we identified the noise as coming from the circular blade area, which makes it the bearings around the blade shaft.

Reply to
Amanda Ripanykhazova

Do it probably has a fan of some kind on the end of a motor and the bearing is part of the motor. Just identify the motor and buy one of those, typically they are standard sizes that you can get from many suppliers.

Reply to
trader_4