Prepasted wallpaper

I patched the walls & painted with oil based primer,sealer. Can i apply the wallpaper to that or do i also have to paint the wall over the primer & do need to use sizing ? Will prepasted wallpaper stick for years or should i add wallpaper paste ? Any suggestions appreciatd.

Reply to
desgnr

You definitely want to use sizing, which is quick/easy and will ensure it comes off when you need to remove it as well as adhere correctly. I don't think you need a coat of regular paint too though.

I've used pre-pasted product many times with no problems.

Reply to
trader4

What Trader4 said.

Reply to
<h>

No further painting is required. Use a PVA (polyvinyl acrylic) wall prep designed for pre-pasted wallcovering. No additional paste should be required.

Reply to
NickySantoro

You have used the best of all possible primers. It makes the perfect base for wall coverings. Don&#39;t paint over it. Most people "hate" oil based coatings so they won&#39;t use them even though, for some applications, they are best.

You probably don&#39;t need to size, but it would not do any harm.

If you follow the wetting and hanging instructions carefully, you should not need to use additional paste.

Reply to
Kuskokwim