Power Cord Warning

That's quite a deal.

It's always great to have backups. We had a water main break last week and you'd be surprised how many times I went to the faucet, turned the handle and then remembered "There's no water!" It was a good reminder to clean out and fill all the water containers around the house - just in case. The odd water or power outtage is a good reminder of how much we take for granted. (-:

FWIW, two of my neighbors had furnace failures in the middle of this extreme cold weather. It always pays to have spares/backups, especially for critical systems. One recent winter we lost electrical power for 4 days in the middle of a deep freeze. I was *very* happy to have a a gas water heater with a pilot light. Routed a garden hose from the basement sink up through the bedroom access panel and out to the bathtub. Kept it warm enough to make it liveable.I would have stayed elsewhere but the alarm system battery died (since replaced by a trolling battery for a boat that will run it for over two weeks) and I didn't want to leave the house unprotected. Besides, roughing it every now and then makes you appreciate what you have.

Reply to
Robert Green

I made my own using 12/3 SO and industrial cord bodies. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas