Possible to lower the water level in a toilet bowl?

Is it possible to lower the water level in a toilet bowl? How? For some reason, one of the toilet bowl in the second story always has more water than others.

Reply to
John Smith

Easiest thing would be to obsess on something else.

If it's a water use problem, try sticking a brick or something in the bowl to take up some volume.

John Smith wrote:

Reply to
Pat

No. The maximum level is determined by the design of the trap passageway in the china bowl.

Well, you might choke off the water supplied by the refill tube but it would be touchy.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Surely you mean the tank rather than the bowl.

Reply to
CJT

Well yes, but it would be interesting to stick it in the bowl.

CJT wrote:

Reply to
Pat

What, is this national stupid question day, or what?????

Reply to
maradcliff

No, that is September 28th...

RayV

Now that's funny !!!!

Reply to
maradcliff

Maybe when he's using it, there's contact with the water, if you know what I mean!

Reply to
Larry Bud

Doesn't all toilet tanks have an adjustment where you can adjust the level of the water when it fill up? You probably need to adjust it..

Raymond

Reply to
nospam

That would suck I have had that happen when it need a plunger..... Ruins my whole day !!!! :)

Reply to
maradcliff

Yes, for adjusting the level in the tank, not the bowl. The bowl level is determined by the drop off point inside the casting. Thats where the water and poop drops into the pipes. There is no way to change that.

Reply to
maradcliff

How old are your toilets? Some may be the newer 1.6L/Flush while others, well, aren't.

Reply to
TakenEvent

The short answer is "no"..why would you want to ?

Reply to
Rudy

If the OP is thinking of saving water one way will be to fill a pitcher manually and pour that into the bowl to flush a pee for example. The level of water in the bowl often ends up lower than from a tank's flush, but this is not the primary objective. I had lowered the tank water level and often its not enough to clear a herioc load of poop. I give that tank flush a boost by dumping the pitcher water while the flush is running. That does the job.

Reply to
ppp