Porch Flashing

I am building a new home and need some advise on how to flash around the screen porch. My house is brick veneer everywhere except under the porch which will be Hardie plank siding. I am using 4x4 post for the ceiling supports and I plan to butt the siding up as close to the supports as possible inside and to caulk down the seam. However, on the outside of the porch I will have to attach the screen to the post and so it will be a challenge to make the space between the brick and the 4x4 post watertight because of the screen. I plan to run galvanized flashing behind the post where it contacts the house sheathing and have it extend behing the siding on the inside of the porch and the brick on the outside. Is this enough or do I need to do more to properly seal that joint. Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim