Poolnoodle gun

Well, actually a gun that SHOOTS pool noodles.

A "Pool Noodle" is a 3" round, 5' long hunk of polyethylene foam used for kid games in the swimming pool. I originally bought one to use as insulation on my A/C Freon line ($1.50 vs. $7.00 for the Home Depot kind). I mentioned this on another group and people started commenting on various other uses for Pool Noodles, insulation, shock-absorbing material, spacers for infant car seats, etc.

One application is shown on the video below. Take a PVC pipe and seal it at one end. Into a plastic bottle, drop some dry ice, water, and screw the cap on tightly. Drop the bottle quickly into the PVC pipe. This is the propellant. Just as quickly, drop in the projectile: Croquet ball, small animal, or, in this case, a Pool Noodle.

BOOM!

Video

Warning: The Israelis may shoot back.

Reply to
HeyBub

On 6/28/2008 10:45 AM HeyBub spake thus:

Sounds like fun, but I'm puzzled: how could you use one of these "noodles" as pipe insulation? Are they hollow? I'm imagining something more like a solid plug of foam.

So, are you also a potato-gun practitioner?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Dogs barking at night, must be a real shanty=3Dshit town you live in.

Reply to
ransley

Well, actually, the above post was meant for the tx.guns newsgroup. THIS is the "other" newgroup mentioned in the post. If you scroll down, you'll find the original post with a subject of "New (use for a) product."

In case the original post has rolled off to oldpost heaven, yes pool-noodles are hollow and can be easily slit with a table saw or electric carving knife (the tool of choice when dealing with foam anything).

No. I own three Glocks, two Colt automatics, and two Beretta pistols. I also own an AK47, an UZI, a couple of scope-equipped rifles (to "reach out and touch someone") and a couple of short-barreled shotguns.

Just your basic household set.

Come visit us at "tx.guns" - it's a hoot, what with the Heller decision of yesterday and all. Every once in a great while some anti-gun devotee shows up with irrefutable arguments bolstered by iron-clad statistics. They generally leave enlightened and in favor of a monarchy.

Reply to
HeyBub

If it kills Israelis, I expect they will. And so they have fewer deaths from terrorism than we do...

Reply to
jack