Poolhouse toilet

I want to install a toilet in our poolhouse. We will have easy access to the main sewer line when the concrete surrounding the existing pool is removed in advance of the new pool being built. I need to add a Y to the main line (1978 cast iron) but am not sure how to cut it. I want to add PVC for the new line. Can this be done? A water supply is already available. I plan on installing the Y 36 inches below the surface and running the PVC piping over a layer of rock fill. We have plenty of rise (4 feet) over a distance of 50 feet. The pool house is well ventilated (4 foot lattice walls). Do I need an exhaust stack? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
poolfan

You should check local codes but to answer your questions, Lennox makes a saw blade for a recip saw that will walk right though the old cast iron (6tpi I think). Then you connect it back with PVC using burial rated compression hubs.

I would have a vent extending above the roofline of the structure regardless of codes.I can't imagine any code that would not require this.

Reply to
Colbyt