plumbing below sewer line

Can you install working plumbing BELOW the sewer line? I'm looking at my basement and wondering if I can add plumbing or not. I'm strongly suspecting no, as the septic tank line is on the celing of the basement, so any waste-water would have to pumped UP - plus the unsanitary potential for downstairs sinks to turn into sewage fountains.

But I figured there's nothing hurt by asking.

Reply to
Eigenvector

LOL I thought you'd never ask!

Speedy Jim

That's why they make sewage ejector systems...

Reply to
Rick

Oh, that's cool. I'll have to take a look at it.

Thanks.

Reply to
Eigenvector

This actually happens rather frequently. A pit and an ejector pump are what make it possible.

Devil's in the details though, but yes it's possible. Pit naturally will be below the drains on that level.

BestRegards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

my father in law has one built into the toilet, so the sink drains into the toilet and everything gets ground up and ejected into the main sewer by a small line. works fantastic. he is a retired sewer plant operator

Reply to
hallerb

Here's another link.

Steve Barker LT