Plumbers' mate needed

I've got a problem with my feed and expansion tank - when I bled the radiators last weekend, the overflow from the feed and expansion tank in the loft started leaking. I turned down the water pressure at the main stop c*ck (that helped a bit) but since then it keeps leaking whenever the central heating's on.

Wasting water, leading to damp + I'm worried about it getting worse. The feed and expansion tank's in the loft, covered in cobwebs...so if there's a way to fix it by adjusting the central heating, water pressures, turning off some radiators, then I'm all for it.

So over to you - grateful for your help!!

Angelic88

Reply to
angelic88

I don't know your system but on mine the air relief is a small canister with a small valve on top and a float inside that drops when air enters and then reseals when the air level drops and the float rises to reseal. You have a resealing problem, so either repair/replace the air bleeder. My system I think it cost $10 US.

Rich

Reply to
Rich