Plugged snowthrower

Arrived home late in the day needing to clear the driveway. Unfortunately the fallen snow, about 7" worth, had become super saturated from drizzle and light rain. My 10hp dual stage machine clogged up with heavy slush in the first three feet while running at full speed.
Any way around this? Might PAM spray or a teflon spray be of any help?

A spray called Slip Plate works.
Jim wrote:

Slow down and it won't clog up. If you can't go slower, then you have to keep stopping to let the blower clear out. Take smaller bites with heavy wet snow. Unless your "wide open" really isn't wide open.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

While slickery sprays will help, the end result is slow, slow progress. You might get it done OK, but try to be gentle with the machinery. Slush is really heavy and might take a toll on you as well. Around here we are fortunate that someone always seems to know a guy with a Bobcat endloader, the ideal machine for that situation. You might consider renting one...they're lots of fun to play with. Who knows, the neighbors might help pay for it. Good luck.
Joe

salt the area this time, if its slushey already salt will work fast and is easier than snowblower, they can be hard work

Where is that Global Warming everyone is talking about?

You must not be used to having snow because what you're doing is plain stupid.

I have used Pam and Teflon spray as well as used oil from a deep fryer. They all worked well. In addition, I found that slowing down the speed of the machine (use a very low gear) allows the impeller and second stage to clear the slush much better than a high speed does.
Coat all of the surfaces that the snow will come in contact with. A light coating is better than a heavy one.

My 8Horse Toro had a Mshaped grill right in the discharge chute. Got clogged up with slush all the time. Worked much better after removal. For whatever reason they put it there, it was a lousy reason. (maybe to deflect thrown rocks?)