Plastic "grains" Under Kenmore Washer

I recently sold our 10 year-old Kenmore Washer to a friend. It was working perfectly when I sold it, but after they took it away, I found a small mound of small pieces of soft white plastic on the floor where the machine had been. These pieces are about the size of coarsely ground coffee.

I went to their house to look at the underside of the machine to see where the plastic had come from. This is a direct drive machine, and there is what looks like a soft plastic doughnut shaped "coupler" that sits in the drive train. On either side of it, the parts have little cogs that slot into holes in the plastic doughnut.

I want to buy a replacement part and help the buyer repair it.

Does anyone know whether this is a consumable part that should be expected to wear out and be replaced? And does anyone have a link to instructions to dissassemble this?

Thanks,

Rick

Reply to
Java Man (Espressopithecus)

As was dramatized on a classic sitcom, "Never do business with friends."

Reply to
Bob

It's quite OK to do business with friends when you're candid about the condition of the goods and ask a fair price. I'd rather sell a very good appliance like this one to a friend for a good price than let it go to the salvagers.

Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate. ;-)

Rick

Reply to
Java Man (Espressopithecus)