Pilot light out of the dryer

Is it as dangerous to have a dryer pilot light out as it is from a gas furnace? I can't seem to relit the pilot. I'm thinking, till the utility company comes to check it out..is there any real danger..I hope this is not a stupid question...cause if is, spare me:)

Reply to
Anthona

Smell gas? - Danger. Don't smell gas (normal condition) - no danger

Reply to
HeyBub

Should be a cutoff valve where dryer attaches to 'wall'? If in doubt, shut the valve off.

lee

Reply to
lee houston

Must be a r-e-a-l-l-y old dryer. Are you sure it's a pilot light - flame - or is it electronic ignition?

Reply to
BiloxiBoy

It should have a shutoff so that it will sense the pilot light being out and shut off the gas. Most modern dryers use electronic ignition and have no pilot.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan