peg board hooks

Every time I remove a tool from the peg board the hook comes with it. I tried the little black plastic thing that hooks in adjacent holes but that didn`t work very good and besides they only come in packages with more hooks. I don`t need anymore hooks. What can I do to keep the hooks from coming out when I remove a tool?

Reply to
Herb Eneva

I've got a lot of pegboard and never had that problem except with a couple types of pegs, so I quit using them. The short tight loops with a single peg or anything with only one peg, and screwdriver racks did what you say. If you use long pegs they stay in place of their own weight. Some tools just don't work well on a short peg if they jam when you take them off. Only tools I hang on pegs are fairly heavy stuff with holes like pipe wrenches, pliers, hammers hanging between two long pegs, etc. They have to slide easily on the peg. I don't hang my wrench sets on pegs. What are you hanging that pulls the peg out?

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

McFeeley's and others have trick pegboard clips that stay in place. A little pricey but worth it IMO. Google the topic for more ideas.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

This may not answer your question but here a tip for people who think these pegboard hooks can be expensive. Search Google for "french cleat tool hanger". You can also download this video

The french cleat can be done using thinner pieces of wood for people who do not like the somewhat bulky tool hanger in the video. A nice small two legs tray can be built to carry some of the more used tools (screwdrivers, pliers, etc) with legs the width of the board and long enough so the tool would not get out from the holes when sitting on the ground. The tool hanger wood strip could be secured using some plastic drywall anchors in the pegboard holes.

VD

---------------- Post of My OWN server without peanot butter

Reply to
VirtualDen

In the comments section here more ideas.

VD

---------------- Post of My OWN server without peanot butter

Reply to
VirtualDen

I want to move some hooks.

+1 to the idea of using a small dab of hot-melt glue...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

want to move some hooks.

I like the idea of using a little hot glue ... nice and easily removable. But, I have been using the hook which have a square or round peg that goes in the hole just below the hanger. This design usually hold them real tight without and glue. The round peg is just the right size to be snug in the hole. The square peg grabs the pegboard hole on the 4 corners of the peg. Either works well. Here's a pic of the hook:

And here's a pic of the pegboard:

Art Todesco

I put a nylon anchor in the hole and screw a hangar to it if I can. This worked great on my screwdriver rack but most of the time I just hang stuff like bags of small parts on the screws. The hot glue works well too but use the craft kind that comes off easy.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE