Patio tiles

I use a broom to get rid of debris on my patio. Don't think you'll find tiles that dry any faster than a smooth concrete slab. Without sloping toward a center drain system, best you can do is slope from the center to the edges. You might find certain paver setups shed water more water quickly than tile or concrete.

bit more expensive and they have to be maintained, but look good. I just use a broom on my concrete patio to push plant debris into the surrounding flower beds unless there's other junk there. Then I use a dust pan or shovel and throw it in the trash. Never hosed it down. Rain washes it anyway..

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

The tiles/pavers can't be more than 1 inch or so thick -- so they don't interfere with an outward-swinging entry door. There must also be a "transition" from the top of the tiles/pavers down to a concrete sidewalk (otherwise, there'd be a tripping-hazard).

Reply to
gcotterl

"Deck tiles" might be more accurate than "patio tiles".

Reply to
gcotterl

I've seen some interlocking deck tiles that have a "durable plastic base at the bottom of the tile

Example:

which has two specific functions:

(1) elevate the tiles above the ground to make it outdoor usable (which allows water to drain)

(2) connect the tiles together via the unique connection points on the tile edges

Reply to
gcotterl

I sent this e-mail to: snipped-for-privacy@handydeck.com.com

"You claim that the 'Interlocking Base' '=85not only allows water to drain freely under the tiles=85and also allows good air circulation, helping to prevent mold or mildew in damp and dark locations'. What prevents water and debris (dirt, mud, etc) from collecting between the tiles and the underlying surface (like a concrete slab)?"

Their response was:

"Indeed there is nothing to stop dirt etc. from collecting underneath the tiles but generally this wouldn't build up sufficiently so that it reached the 5/8" height of the plastic base. If you do feel the need to clean underneath the tiles, they can be lifted as required and the surface below them cleaned with e.g. a pressure washer".

Reply to
gary