Patching a hole

I've had this toilet leak for months. Around the bottom of the toilet by the floor was cracked and now a large chunk fell off the toilet. I can smell an odor filling the bathroom.

My question is: How do I patch the toilet hole? I tried to use spackle but the hole is about 2"x4". Also it doesn't stick to the toilet at all.

Help!

Reply to
Suzy

If the hole extends to the wax ring (seal) at the base of the toilet, you are probably buying a new toilet. The best bet is to pull the toilet and look. The actual seal to the waste pipe is only about 6" in diameter around the waste pipe. Then you have the issue of the toilet moving after you put in the new wax ring, breaking the seal. Got a picture?

Reply to
gfretwell

You don't patch it, you replace the toilet. If the porcelain is stressed it can fall apart with no warning.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

As said, you really need to replace the toilet. If cost of new is a problem, look for a used/salvage outfit near you like this one in Denver:

or a Habitat for Humanity ReStore near you:

Retired