Painting Iron Stanchions

My front porch is held up by these tall (9ft?) stanchions that I think are cast iron. The paint is peeling and blistered. Whats the best approach for handling this. Do I need to rent a sandblaster or are the new tech paints enough to handle the job. They're like 20 years old so I don't expect any lead issues. Thanks

-P

Reply to
post2google

Unless there's a lot of small nooks and crannies, you should be fine with a brass wire-wheel in a drill. Wear eye protection, and use a wide drywall knife to protect nearby woodwork.

Reply to
Goedjn