Packaging problems? ? ?

This isn't really about home repair, but am I the only person in the world who has reached wits' end with modern packaging?

From batteries to sliced baloney, packages impossible to open without using some kind of tool, and often difficult even when using a tool like pliers.

And many products, especially over-the-counter health products, have (1) a plastic ring around the cap, (2) a foil sheet over the opening, and (3) a wad of cotton inside the bottle.

It's time for a revolt against this sort of abuse. I'm organizing Citizens Against Stupid Packaging (CASP).

Anyone may join by sending me $5. PayPal accepted. Your name will be placed on the Founders' List.

Reply to
Ray

I agree about dumb packaging, but my $5.00 would be better spent writing to retailers and manufactures explaining my displeasure and spreading the word so other will do the same. Avoiding the brands that are packaged like that will be the most effective, and free, method of getting results.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

[...]

Toys are the ones that kill me. They're often plastic-tied and/or twist-tied in their packaging so tightly you need dikes to get them out.

Reply to
Bo Williams

And WHAT the hell is it with drinking straws nowadays? The paper is on so tight it's impossible to shove off by banging it against something anymore.

But perhaps the worst packaging I've seen is people scamming for money for silly causes on the internet ;)

Reply to
Sam O'Nella

your isp has been notified about this SPAM

Reply to
effi

without

I don't know the OP but jees......it was tongue in cheek. A joke. Chill. There wasn't even an address.

I love this NG for everyday help. Thanks

aloha, Thunder smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Reply to
smithfarms pure kona

I am starting my own organization

Rationality In Packaging Of Familiar Fabrications.

It only costs $4 to join. Make the check out to R.I.P.O.F.F ;-)

Reply to
Greg

On a serious note:

I always wondered how they got those foil disck stuck onto bottles and jars. I recently learned that there's heat activated adhesive on the underside and induction heating of the foil is used to melt the glue onto the bottle.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I've just revised my membership to $3 ! ! ! !

Reply to
Ray