Ozone Generators - Anyone with experience?

That might work.

I used to work for an ozone generator manufacturer. They had a 25 pound per day (on air) ozone generator drop its output hose off of the intake to the ozone destruct and start pumping to the room at large. On a weekend. Unattended. Any rubber below about 4 feet had to be immediately replaced, inclusive of forklift tires and compressed air hoses. Anything above this "4 foot" was largely unaffected. "Diffusion" of a gas *significantly* heavier than air cannot be depended on.

Nature doesn't care what we *want* to happen.

You misunderstood. The ozone generator should *breathe* dry air to prevent NOx formation and fuming nitric production. But ozone in humid air is most potent / useful, and decays to safety most quickly. This means the ozone should be pumped *into* a humid space, not just locked in the space. You *can* do it either way, but "locking it in" is less effective and more cleanup for you.

I think that future civilzations will find the remains of wallpaper still adhered, and consider this "wall paintings".

You might be better off to hire a remediation firm to do this. At least get quotes, so you know how much coin is involved, and how much time will have to be worth.

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

Dear John Gilmer:

I used to deal with Pacific Ozone Technology for small ozone generators. Should you be interested, you could:

  • get a compressed air cylinder with regulator (welding gas suppliers have these, need "instrument grade" air).
  • get a GA10 ozone generator (about US 00 this year).
    (You can ask for Stuart Smith, no relation to myself.)
  • duct the ozone produced from the "back yard" through a crack in a partially open door or window to the intake of the unit's A/C via teflon tubing (Ryan Herco or equivalent will sell you 50 feet for not too much money).
  • apply a simple timer to the power cord of the unit.

Benefits of this assemblage include:

- should any timer fail, the limited gas supply will prevent overdosing. (The GA10, I *think*, shuts down on low gas flow.)

- since oil-free, dry air is supplied, the unit will not have to be internally cleaned.

- since ozone is made in air, the net flammability of the rental unit is not increased during processing.

I think you'll find that remediators really do earn their keep.

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc