outlet in cabinet

Ypu can do either f those. The thing you have to do is protect the wire, either by having it in the wall or with some sort of raceway. I put a shallow box blue PVC in the bottom of one of my uppers for rope light so it was flush on the bottom. It is in the back and the wire exits directly into the wall so it is not exposed. You can "fish" a finished wall and not staple the wire if it is in the wall. Just clamp it at the box

Reply to
Greg

I bought some under-cabinet halogen lights that plug-in with a standard

2-prong plug. The lights' outlet will be controlled by a switch.

I'm considering two options.

1) I can install an outlet behind the cabinet such that the front of the outlet box is flush with the cabinet's back. 2) I can install the outlet within the cabinet (using a metal box because it will be exposed).

Suggestions?

Thanks again,

*moc
Reply to