outdoor sink for kids

"Now, lets see how thin we can roll Margie!"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The "outdoor" sink is standard at camp grounds and such.

The solution is to create a good sized "dry well" to receive the water. The cheap way of doing this is to just size a BIG hole where the sink will end up and fill it with 3/4" stones. The sink drain will barely extend to below the surface so that the kids dont' get splashed. The foot valve is a good idea. The gravel surface will keep the area around the sink from becoming a mud pit.

John Gilmer

I figure an empty barrel (with the bottom cut out) would be better. A pit full of stones holds less water than an empty space under the sink.

Of course, burried a foot or so under, so it's not too obvious.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon