OT Word Mangler

News broadcasting is considered "entertainment" by their producers. Real news is not important.

Reply to
Bob F

Personally I think that occurred with the retirement of Walter Cronkite..

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

The prepared text as shown in

"I can't overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President Bush."

Reply to
Bob F

You are clearly *much* too far out of touch with reality to bother arguing with.

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Prepared text" my a$$ -- that so-called "prepared" text was released about a day and a half *after* the speech.

Reply to
Doug Miller

That may be true, but the arrogant SOB did not come right out and say he made a mistake. instead, he insisted that he would not apologize to Bush for what he said. Had he come down from his high horse and immediately set the record straight, it would be done and over within an hour. I'm no supporter of Bush, but I certainly would not want Kerry as out leader.

Since he can't read prepared text properly, he should get Laura Bush to give him lessons.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Maybe Bush himself should teach him. He always speaks so well. Makes me so proud to be an American.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Yeah well, they needed some time to prepare it.

Reply to
GWB

Don't insult the pidgins!

Reply to