OT Who writes this stuff anyway?

The first paragraph says that compact cars are larger, but the second says they are better for fitting in tight parking spaces!!!!!

Things You Should Know

Compact cars are usually larger than economy cars. Most compacts come with 4 doors, while economy cars come with 2-4 doors, depending on the model. Economy and compact cars cost about the same to rent. Compacts are better for cities since they can weave through traffic and fit in tight parking spots.

Rant continues: And why is there almost no differrence in price bettween little and mid-size (1.71 a day, and standard is only another $1.43, etc. Isn't the purchase price of bigger cars a bigger percentage difference than these rentals?). And how does Hertz manage to charge $48/day when Thrifty is charging 22, and why does Hertz charge 147 extra/week if you pay when you pick it up instead of today, which is one day earlier! Thrifty doesn't say anything about paying on pick-up, so i don't know if they charge more then or how much, but if you pay for hertz on pickup it's

69/day. I suppose Hertz is better??, but that much? Should I get my employer to pay for it?
Reply to
micky

I looked at the details before agreeing but I missed the last one

Fees and Surcharges

CUSTOMER FACILITY CHARGE $27.65 USD VEHICLE LICENSING FEE RECOVERY $5.54 USD AIRPORT CONCESSION FEE $20.62 USD RENTAL SURCHARGE $14.14 USD Is the "rental surcharge" one of the baseless charges that Biden wanted to get rid of in his State of the Union speech?

It sounds like" We're charging you but we don't think the quoted rate is enough, so let's charge more.

The other 3 I'm okay with.

Reply to
micky

The authors' names appera a couple of lines below the title.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton