OT What does this bank email mean?

"The $N,000.00 funds transfer you requested has been sent to Bank of America, NA, account ending in 2355. The funds will be delivered to your bank by December 21, 2023. Keep in mind, the availability of these funds depends on your other bank's policies."

What does it mean funds will be transferred by Dec. 21? Are they going to send a messenger with a stack of bills? I thought when they sent it, it was there a second later. Is this possible 5 day wait new? Or is the warning about it new?

When I did this online at 9:40PM 2 days ago, Dec. 14, it said the money would transfer the next day, and a little later said I could change or cancel it until 5PM [I think that's new or it's a different policy of Discover Bank, because all the other payments and transfers I've made took effect at the start of the day, I think.] so that was yesterday evening and it said "Send On: 12/15/2023 " So fine, it wrote me early the next day, the 16th.

Bank of America says it's processing now and "Your available balance has been increased or decreased to reflect this transaction. The amount may change when the transaction is finalized. For example: A restaurant may not include the gratuity that is included in the final complete transaction. [I hate that, especially that I and I think others have to learn the hard way.] Final amounts may take up to 5 business days to post to your account."

And yes, I could call the bank, answer a lot of computerized questions and stay on hold for a while OR I could ask on the web but I don't know how to phrase the question. and INSTEAD I want to keep some activith on AHR. If you're opposed to activity here, don't reply.

Reply to
micky