OT: UK government emergency warnings

We were very close to the path of one a few months ago. About 500m up the road it looked like a war scene. Big walls down, tiles / slates sticking out of cars that look like they had been machine gunned, smashed glass in houses and cars, entire roofs missing from houses and garages, trees uprooted etc.

It was very lucky that no one was injured or killed and difficult to imagine when looking at the aftermath that no one was.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I also don't respond to sounds from my phone if I'm in the middle of something.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

and yet somehow they weren't.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Obviously the small ones don't count. Something strong enough to blow a woman's skirt in the air is not a national emergency.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They learned not to mess with the British in 1863:

was aboard that last summer.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I had the opposite, a stampede up and down the hall all night. Having PIR lights was a bad idea.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I see no point, the chances of an emergency affecting me are 1 in a billion.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

One day when I hot home and opened the door, a blur got in. That blur kept running around the house. It was awhile before the blur slowed down enough to be seen as a cat.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

That happened to me. A Siamese cat from one block away. A few months later I saw it in someone's driveway as he was working on his car, and he said it was his, and it never stops exploring. I didn't bill him for the three plantpots it destroyed.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey