OT strange car rental prices.

OT car rental rates

1) At

(You may have to start at

Click Book Now and maybe rent for at least a week to get the offer below. I chose Feb 3 to Feb 10. )

You can get a compact or larger car for $175 if you don't say what you want.

This is $43 cheaper than economy and 54 cheaper than compact. If you were planning to rent economy or compact, who wouldn't choose the Drive Happy Deal.

Are the higher prices there just to confuse the buyer and make him think he's getting a deal?

2) I don't really want to rent a car at the moment, but I was trying to find out if convertibles are for rent other than in Florida and California. So I tried Houston, Mobile, and New Orleans with Enterprise, Alamo, and nnnn respectively and no one offered one, even though it's pretty darn warm in those places.

When I added convertible to the search terms for New Orleans I got different pages altogether and ond

(MSY)&puMinute=00&searchType=geosearch&doDay=10&filterFrom=0&coordinates=29.993389%2c-90.258028&puMonth=2&rateQualifier.rateCode=&carCategory=convertible&doHour=10&puSearchInput=New+Orleans+Intl%2c+US+(MSY)&rateQualifier.accountNo=&puDay=3&newSearchResults=true&puHour=10&preferred_company=&rateQualifier.partnerCode=&doMonth=2&filterName=CarCategorisationSupplierFilter&filter_carclass=convertible# offered a Mustang from Enterprise, national, budget, or Alamo, for 757 to 777 a week. Over 3 times the compact car at Alamo in Houston,

But not that much more than a compact sedan from rentalcars.com, 512 a week. Wait a second. That's the small car but the intermediate car is less, 367 and even the full size car is less 443. How come, and who would pay 512 for a compact car

I rented Lebaron Convertible in Tampa once, to try it before I bought one, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't very expensive.

And if all these companies have convertibles to rent, how come there isn't the slightest mention of them in the companies' own webpages afaict? Even if they rent them from someone else to rent to me, wouldn't it be good for both them and the ultimate supplier if they said they had them?

Reply to
micky

It has been a few years, but I've rented convertibles twice in Las Vegas. An Eclipse and a Sebring.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski