OT: On-line calendar

What's a reliable on-line calendar?

I used Google until it stopped sending me daily reminds, which cost me a LOT of money for not paying a bill in time.

Switched to Verizon, but it takes forever to boot up.

Looking for something reliable & trouble-free. Thought y'all might have recommendation for a calendar that SENDS DAILY REMINDERS.

TIA

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

why does everything "have to" be "on line"?

Reply to
Pico Rico

Use Outlook.

Reply to
clare

Hi, Doesn't Windows has a desktop gadget for that?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, And your cell phone app.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

What's a reliable on-line calendar?

I used Google until it stopped sending me daily reminds, which cost me a LOT of money for not paying a bill in time.

Switched to Verizon, but it takes forever to boot up.

Looking for something reliable & trouble-free. Thought y'all might have recommendation for a calendar that SENDS DAILY REMINDERS.

TIA

HB

I use a daily calendar to mark things. Hangs on the refrigerator and works fine during a power outage. WW

Reply to
WW

I did the same for years. Only switched to on-line because often I couldn't read what I wrote on paper calendar. (Yes, I know...

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

I use Quicken to keep the checkbook and when to pay bills. You can set up reminders for repeat bills.

Pretty simple, for the past 32 years I've been paid once a month. Once day a month I sit down and pay all the bills. Never missed one.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Me too. Hangs on the wall in my den next to the computer.

As far as reminder to pay bills, wife pays them as soon as we get them. Why wait till the last minute?

Reply to
Frank

I see there is a calendar ap in Win 8 but I've never used it.

Reply to
Frank

AFAIK, Windows doesn't have that as part of the standard Windows load. But I would bet there are a number of freeware apps available. Android cell phone has a calendar and that's what I use.

Reply to
trader_4

Hi, For me all is paid automatic from our several different accounts. I use just Excel which is more than enough to do what I want as far as money thing goes(not much any how, our accountant's job He is responsible if some thing screws up.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Use clothespins instead of a magnet and - instant "on line" calendar!!!

Reply to
clare

Good move to avoid overdue penalties etc. But the reason I don't pay on arrival is that I don't want the bastards to be using my money free for 'n' weeks.

My cr. cards have reminder alerts set up. When alerts come in, I schedule payment out of my bank. Same with utilities & car ins. Biggies like property tax -that's how Google calendar screwed me.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

You're right, Trader - Tony mentioned that too & I checked but for some reason??? Microshaft did not bring along the successful Vista calendar when they moved to 7. There are fixes on-line where you CAN adapt it, but they seem like too much trouble.

See above. Used to on earlier build (Vista) but not now. Weird!

Correct. Stupid move on their part!

Yeah, well I'm not up in that rarefied atmosphere Still using a no-contract little Virgin Mobile. Use mostly for emergencies (late for appt; ran out of gas) etc.) Has LOTS of features I never explored, but not a big part of my life. Ed, thanks for heads-up re: Quicken. Never really looked into it, but will now.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

I've been using Quicken for over 25 years. It does a lot of financial tracking and is easy to use even with multiple accounts.

I enter all the transactions for checks, debit card, atm, eft. When the bank statement comes in, I'm reconciled in less than 5 minutes and to the penny. All sort of reports available too. Want to kow how much you paif for electricity last year? One or two clicks and you have it.

The one feature you want is Billminder. It will pop up at the interval you select.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks to all for helpful suggestions. Verizon is behaving OK now; it must have been a temporary glitch. If it happens to often, I will look into your suggestions.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson