OT. Muscles Move Barn

A Bruno, Nebraska, farmer needed to move his barn. He couldn't afford to hire so his son suggested making hand holds so people could grab on and just carry it.

About 4,000 people watched about 350 work.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

A moldmaker I worked with told me about a mold they had made for a Chinese company. A thermoset plastic mold is essentially a big steel cube that can weigh 2000 pounds or more. The blueprints showed a number of 1" drilled and tapped holes around the base that didn't seem to have any purpose. When he asked the customer said they screwed in long rods so the workers could pick it up and move it around.

This was in the early '70s. I think the Chinese have advanced to forklifts and mold tables by now.

Reply to
rbowman

Excellent!!

Here's what followed it, at least for me. (Does that mean it's what f0llows it for everyone? )

Here's another one, with more Amish.

must be the rage now, like hula hoops.

Unrelated: Both before and after the first and second videos, I got an ad for Nettic. I watched it all the first time. It says that the internet providers monitor your usage and then slow down your signat during peak hours. That their device stops the system from sending usage data aback to the ISP, so they never slow down your signal.

Very interesting.

But when I go to their own webpage,

says nothing about this and sounds like any other wifi signal booster. Very useful sometimes, but not like the youtube ad said.

Why would an ISP need a user to send back info about the data, when the ISP sent all the data in the first place?

This"review" sounds more like an ad,

it doesn't say anything about throttling or canceling return data?

NO, it changed its tune later. It's a valid review: "NetTec Boost Does Not Increase Wireless Internet Speeds Please note that NetTec Boost does not actually increase internet speeds despite claims made on the official website. It simply expands your current internet to new areas of your home."

They may have cleaned up the official website, but cleaning up a video is more work, so they didn't.

By buying 2 instead of 1, you save $2.50 on each. Maybe for repeat custoners, but why would anyone buy two without first buying one to see if it works, just to save $2.50?

If you're not bored yet, this page

't say a word about what it will not do that it claimes it does on Youtube. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the vendors had cleaned up the webpage before this review, dated Feb. 9, was written. The previous review Techtimes has a date of Feb5. Do you think the vendors saw that review and rushed to clean up the website bfore the "seattleweekly" looked at it?

Reply to
micky