OT: How's that Global Warming working for ya'?

Hawaii is bracing Sunday for another foot of snow, in addition to the 2 feet that landed on the island’s highest mountain peaks since Thursday, The Weather Channel reported.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/04/hawaii-braces-for-another-foot-snow.html
On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 2:09:56 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:

eet that landed on the island’s highest

html
You do know there's a difference between "Hawaii" and "the entire world" (global), don't you?
Cindy Hamilton

Are you saying that "Global Warming" has forced all the snow to Hawaii because the rest of the world is too hot? I suppose that is one way of justifying it.
On Monday, December 5, 2016 at 12:40:40 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:

2 feet that landed on the island’s highest

ow.html

cause the rest of the world is too hot? I

No, I'm saying you can't look at the weather for a single location and call the result "global". Would you look at housing prices in Manhattan and call that "global"?
Cindy Hamilton

Let's get back to global warming. Last night we had 6 to 8 inches of snow dumped in our area. Apparently there was similar weather in Hawaii. I'd call that "Global" wouldn't you?
Per Gordon Shumway:

Not on a bet.
Weather <> Climate
Also, you are conflating precipitation with warming.
The spiel that I hear is that warmer air holds more moisture.
More moisture => more precipitiation. If temps are below freezing, that means more snow.
--
Pete Cresswell

Now you ruined it. I could have had her going for at least a couple days. :-(