Still laughing!
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 2020-01-27 2:41 p.m., T wrote:

Smartphone Stew. :-)
Rene
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 2020-01-27 13:30, Rene Lamontagne wrote:

That sucker will do an SSD drive proud too!
Add pictures here
โœ–

Nope, don't have one.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 1/27/20 2:41 PM, T wrote:

The practical types here have propane and acetylene.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 2020-01-27 17:35, Dean Hoffman wrote:

acetylene works great for exploding gopher holes
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:35:25 -0600, Dean Hoffman

When you shred that lithium battery you won't need acetylene.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 2020-01-27 23:10, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Oh geez! That shredder must be fireproof too!
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:35:25 -0600, Dean Hoffman

That was my thought too.
The FlashEx costs $11,279.57
The Bernzomatic costs $15.00
10lb sledge hammer $30
I suspect the 10lb sledge would be far more satisfying.
Add pictures here
โœ–

I hit a cell phone battery with a hammer once. It is exciting.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 1/27/2020 3:41 PM, T wrote:

I have a dumb flipper but hate other people's smart phones. Sitting waiting for my car this am at the dealer there are half a dozen other people in the room and they are all on their smart phones talking or playing games. One lady must have thought that all of us would like to hear her phone call so she had it on speaker.
Then at the eye doctors waiting one day there is a sign to turn phones off. A lady's phone rings, she answers and afterwards I asked her if she had not seen the sign. She said my phone was off to which I told her if it was off it would not have rung.
I'm sure we all have other annoying experiences.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 2020-01-28 10:58, Frank wrote:

like

if

old

Yikes!
And have you noticed that folks are more isolated from each other now that they have their phones? Hardly anyone will strike up a conversation whilst waiting in line anymore.
I still use a flip phone too. When my customers remark on it, I show them the latch on the back where I change the battery. Then I show them the coup de grรขce. I stand up, place the phone on the chair I was sitting on, then I sit back down on the chair right on top of the phone. Then I ask them "Can you do this with your smart phone?" You should see the looks of horror in their eyes! All funny!
-T
Add pictures here
โœ–

That's not an advantage anymore. I haven't changed a battery in nearly forever.

My question would be, 'Is there a smart phone that you can't sit on?' I certainly haven't heard of one.

That look might not be horror. They're probably wondering what you're talking about.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 3:14:06 PM UTC-5, Char Jackson wrote:

+1
In the early days phones used so much power that the batteries were large and still couldn't last a full day, so a removable and a spare was a handy thing. Now I get a full day on mine. And the older phones were slow to charge, took hours. Now with quick charging I can go from mostly empty to full in an hour and that's with a big 4000 mah battery. My batteries have lasted as long as I've had the phones, typically 3 to 4 years. It is an advantage to be able to just easily put a battery in like you would in a remote. But phones with a built-in battery, in all cases that I'm aware of, the battery can be replaced, but it require partly disassembling the phone or taking it to a repair shop. But in return, we have very slim, light really nice phones.

Me either. I often forget I have my ZTE in my back pocket, get in the car and sit down. Nothing has happened. What's alleged to happen?

ROFL
+1
Or maybe he weighs 400 lbs?
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 1/28/2020 2:34 PM, T wrote:

That's the main reason I like mine. A smart Tracfone would only cost as little as $25 extra a year but would not be as easy to carry. Our son sat on and cracked the screen on his $1,000 iPhone.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 2020-01-28 15:34, Frank wrote:

f us

asked

which

ost as

son

I have dropped my flip phone in the water at least twice taking pictures of trout. Bounces off a couple of nice rocks on the way too.
Add pictures here
โœ–

My Convoy floats and if all of the plugs are in is water proof down to a meter.
Add pictures here
โœ–

It all ways amazes me the way people treat the $ 500 and more items. Then the young people sxpect someone to buy them a new one.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 1/28/2020 11:14 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

He's not young and fortunately he can afford a new one.
Add pictures here
โœ–
Frank wrote:

Hasn't learned his lesson??? ;)