OT: Hate your smart phone???

Smartphone Stew. :-)

Rene

Reply to
Rene Lamontagne

That sucker will do an SSD drive proud too!

Nope, don't have one.

Reply to
gfretwell

The practical types here have propane and acetylene.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

acetylene works great for exploding gopher holes

When you shred that lithium battery you won't need acetylene.

Reply to
gfretwell

That was my thought too.

The FlashEx costs $11,279.57

The Bernzomatic costs $15.00

10lb sledge hammer $30

I suspect the 10lb sledge would be far more satisfying.

Reply to
default

I hit a cell phone battery with a hammer once. It is exciting.

Reply to
gfretwell

I have a dumb flipper but hate other people's smart phones. Sitting waiting for my car this am at the dealer there are half a dozen other people in the room and they are all on their smart phones talking or playing games. One lady must have thought that all of us would like to hear her phone call so she had it on speaker.

Then at the eye doctors waiting one day there is a sign to turn phones off. A lady's phone rings, she answers and afterwards I asked her if she had not seen the sign. She said my phone was off to which I told her if it was off it would not have rung.

I'm sure we all have other annoying experiences.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Yikes!

And have you noticed that folks are more isolated from each other now that they have their phones? Hardly anyone will strike up a conversation whilst waiting in line anymore.

I still use a flip phone too. When my customers remark on it, I show them the latch on the back where I change the battery. Then I show them the coup de grâce. I stand up, place the phone on the chair I was sitting on, then I sit back down on the chair right on top of the phone. Then I ask them "Can you do this with your smart phone?" You should see the looks of horror in their eyes! All funny!

-T

Oh geez! That shredder must be fireproof too!

That's not an advantage anymore. I haven't changed a battery in nearly forever.

My question would be, 'Is there a smart phone that you can't sit on?' I certainly haven't heard of one.

That look might not be horror. They're probably wondering what you're talking about.

Reply to
Char Jackson

I'm glad those Nextel Direct Connect phones and their annoying chirp finally died. Who the f*ck thought those were a good idea?

Reply to
Bob

Its the people, not the phone. Your dumb flipper can annoy people if you put it on speaker. Maybe she wanted you to join in the conversation?

At the dealer, I'd be using my phone to read the news but it would be on silent. No different that reading a magazine. The rare time I get a call it would go to voicemail or I'd walk outside.

We've all seen people walking around the supermarket talking. Seems like they spend all day on the phone. If I want to have a conversation it will be from the comfort of my own home to a person also at home and not running a marathon.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

+1

In the early days phones used so much power that the batteries were large and still couldn't last a full day, so a removable and a spare was a handy thing. Now I get a full day on mine. And the older phones were slow to charge, took hours. Now with quick charging I can go from mostly empty to full in an hour and that's with a big 4000 mah battery. My batteries have lasted as long as I've had the phones, typically 3 to 4 years. It is an advantage to be able to just easily put a battery in like you would in a remote. But phones with a built-in battery, in all cases that I'm aware of, the battery can be replaced, but it require partly disassembling the phone or taking it to a repair shop. But in return, we have very slim, light really nice phones.

Me either. I often forget I have my ZTE in my back pocket, get in the car and sit down. Nothing has happened. What's alleged to happen?

ROFL

+1

Or maybe he weighs 400 lbs?

Reply to
trader_4

The ones that still get me are the ones walking around and talking using a Jawbone. I sometimes think at first they are talking to me, because no one else is there and I don't see a phone. I don't have a problem with people using them appropriately, talking a bit, having a 5 min conversation. The annoying ones are just yapping forever about nothing. Cabbies in NYC are the worst, yapping in Pakistani. Should be a law against general talking while cab driving.

Reply to
trader_4

That's the main reason I like mine. A smart Tracfone would only cost as little as $25 extra a year but would not be as easy to carry. Our son sat on and cracked the screen on his $1,000 iPhone.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I have dropped my flip phone in the water at least twice taking pictures of trout. Bounces off a couple of nice rocks on the way too.

It all ways amazes me the way people treat the $ 500 and more items. Then the young people sxpect someone to buy them a new one.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery