OT: An uber bright kid

Parents sound like they're intent on having him turn out as 'normal' as possible, and giving him a well rounded childhood.

RicodJour

Asian kid. What are the chances?

Reply to
Metspitzer

I don't think at his level of smarts it's about being Asian and being taught to work hard etc.

There was a white boy something like this in my high school who was taking calculus when he was a freshman or sophomore, and doing better than the rest of us seniors At one point he pawned his slide rule for money and "ran away from home", at least for a couple days. I finally beat him on the National Math Contest**, but I'd entenered 2 previous years, so maybe that helped, or maybe he was day-dreaming about running away again, because every other time he beat me. .

**A test so hard that a lot of high-school students who took it got negative scores.

Then in college there was a black boy from Gary, Indiana, who was only

15 or 14 and was a first or second year student at the U of Chicago. We weren't in any classes together, so I don't know about that, but they wouldn't have let him in if he weren't smart. We were in a dorm together for a year and every few weeks he would come into a bedroom where a few of us were and announce, "I've just reorgnaized my total existence".
Reply to
micky

It's under-regulation that got us into this problem.

Reply to
micky

Wasn't that when Mormons were being killed for being Mormon?

Reply to
micky

No, it's under regulation, that we got into this problem.

Truer words have never been typed.

Reply to
krw

Hey, you can't have it all.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

It is really hard to figure out why Asians don't suffer from the same discrimination.

Reply to
Metspitzer

That's what you take from that? Seriously? Start your own fookin' thread about your political crap, and keep the _kid_ out of it. Thanks.

RicodJour

We have a representative government.... hence the problem with congress.

Reply to
DD_BobK

Really? Which regulartion do think caused the excomic disaster of

2008? And since I'm sure it will be mysterious how it coudl do so, how?
Reply to
micky

Really.

Community redevelopment act, with the strong supporting roles of Fannie and Freddie.

Easy, they're called "toxic CDOs".

No dumbass argument?

Reply to
krw

Huh. Evern if that were responsible, and it's not, it's not a regulartion.

Reply to
micky

Not a "regulartion"? It sure as hell is, though I understand that you're too stupid to understand.

Still no dumbass argument.

Reply to
krw

Umm... Chris, you are very selective with your memory of History... Your lack of awareness of "laws" existing in the first 150 years of our country doesn't mean that none in fact existed...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

How is that a problem, Congress is accurately representing the true interests which got them elected which in most cases has very little to do with the interest of the people...

The "American People" are but mindless drones in the election process being brainwashed by pointless political ads which often have no purpose other than to get the candidate elected, you may have the vote in your hands to give but you are being manipulated by powerful forces beyond your control or influence at the moment as to how you will use it...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan