Old Craftsman Snowblower Square Pin

I recently was given a very old Craftsman 6HP with a 20-21" scoop. snowblower. It started on one pull and ran perfectly but in testing I found the auger was slipping.

On further inspection I can see the chain is badly stretched. I could pull it off easily with just my hands.

I proceeded to pull the cover off and when investigating the chain a small rectangular pin about an inch long fell out of the engage/disengage mechanism on the transmission shaft.

I'm guessing it is some kind of shearing pin but for the life of me I cannot figure out where this pin goes?

Reply to
jfunke

Have you gone to SEARS website for a parts list breakdown of it showing all the parts? I went there on a drill I have that was about 30 yrs old and up it came. Also they still had parts.

Reply to
Jack

Reply to
lightsout